Friday, March 16, 2012

College Dating




Now don't get me wrong, I'm not off my rocker or anything like that, but please stop telling me to enjoy being single because “one day” I might find myself with a husband, kids and a condo with huge monthly fees, being single is not what I want to be for the rest of my life. I have been single for all my life, single is my closest friend,  I have had more than my fair share of relationship problems, I would love to have a real relationship with someone other than my chia pet, college dating stinks, for me anyway. Why does it seem like everyone around me is winning at the game of love except me, Losing in love has become a habit that is getting harder and harder to break.

I asked a close companion once (no not my gold fish), but rather a college friend how they do it, I explained to her that when I go to get togethers, the other girls seem to have no problem approaching the guys, but every time I go after one that I'm attracted to, someone else comes along and grabs him, what should I do. Her answer was to ask me if I would let someone elbow me out of line at the bank. I replied I would grab them and tell then to get in line and wait their turn like everyone else. She said excellent, the next time some girl tries to take your man just give her a shove, grab the guy and make him yours. Maybe I should have asked my dog.

College guys mystify me, I'm a smart attractive college girl but they act like I have two heads. The ones I do go out with are only interested in the horizontal mambo, for a lot college guys it is put out or get out, so I'd rather get out.

But its not just college girls who have problems, there are college dudes who do not seem to play well with college babes. It seems if you won't go to bed with them they think you are gay, its too bad because most people have more to offer than just sex. The boys tell me that some of the girls expect them have sex with them off the get go and if they don't make a move she tells other people that they have no sex drive. Many of these men are nice guys that have respect for women and don't just think of them as an easy piece, why can't these girls see that these men will not accept this sort of treatment.

There may be, however, a silver lining to this cloud, several of the men and women have decided to signup to some of the better online college dating sites. They have heard some amazing stories from other college students who met their dream date on one of the college dating sites. They said the people on these sites don't care what color your hair is and they're not just interested in a good time in bed, they're really nice people, and college students like us. They have a life plan that includes more than just getting through the current semester. They plan to meet and settle down with the person of their dreams. My best friend met his future wife on an online college dating site, I had no idea at the time what he was up to or how they found each other.

I have decided that I'm going to give it a try for myself.  My friends have given me a 'college dating sites' link to try. This is where they started and they recommend it to everyone. Who knows maybe I'll finally find someone who is caring and decent. If you are in college or looking to date someone  who is in college why don't you follow this link:

College Dating

No comments:

Post a Comment