Friday, March 30, 2012

What Do Gay Men Want



 Some people believe that gay men are shallow when it comes to finding someone they would like to have a permanent relationship with. But that just isn’t how it is.  Of course most of us prefer a hot, healthy body; heck you can say the same thing about heterosexuals as well. So much so that sometimes it is hard for the ones that do not fit that type to find a partner. It is more of a challenge for gay men because they are in a minority. Even the gay community has its share of shallow types. My way of thinking is that if they do not like me then they can kiss my not so flabby tush.

As you get older you find that most guys are not as interested in how you look as opposed to your intelligence and brains. But until that day comes you might just have to take what you can get, or try going to the gym once in awhile. Looks tends to be very important to younger gay men, but it is not the only thing. Not many guys want to date a guy that is over weight. Personally for me I have to be very attracted to the person before I even consider about interacting with another man.  I guess that makes me shallow, but satisfied. 

 Why are so many young gay men interested in slim trim athletic types? Well lets see, guys in general are sexual creatures and want to have sex with good looking guys. This is also true for many young guys who are not really interested in a relationship. But with varying 'attractive' criteria in different cultures, it is still possible for chubby men to get action. It really does not matter the reasons why people choose the way they do. Every group has people who are shallow when it comes to picking a potential life partner its just who they are.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against people who don't measure up to my standards as far a dating goes, most of them are nice people but I just would not consider dating them. I have some good hearted friends that I cherish for the friends that they are, and I met the majority of them via online dating sites. That's right, as a matter of fact most of the guys I have dated in the past few years I have met through internet dating sites. You might think that I am callous because I can see what they look like before I put the moves on them, but it is more than that. Many of them are people that I happened to meet in chat rooms on dating sites and I became interested in them because of what they had to say. I have not dated many of them, but I do consider many of them to be among my circle of friends now. One of the main reasons why I hang out on dating sites is because there is a certain kindred spirit thing going on because all of us are still looking.

I am not interested in the old so called ball and chain at this age in my life, but I do enjoy a some what serious relationship, and I would like it to last more than six months. For me, online dating is a useful tool that helps me find new tools (LOL). If you hook up and it turns out that you're not really interested in a particular person but you sense their being a little pushy just move on to the next person, no harm done. The anonymity of a dating site really works to your advantage if you break up with someone that you have been seeing. There is no worry about them harassing you unless you were stupid and gave them your personal contact information already.  The best thing though is that most of the men on dating sites are just like you, and are unlikely to push themselves on someone where the affection is not being returned.

Most men are not overly particular about your looks. They are primarily looking for someone to hang with. They want someone with the same interests, personality traits. Someone who is  compassionate, caring and giving. Someone who's company they can enjoy. Someone looking for a more of a commitment than just a one night stand.

So if you want to expand your horizons, consider joining an online dating site. There are literally hundreds of gay dating sites just waiting to help you meet someone special. They have a variety of members from many countries all looking for someone to share their experiences and lives with. So why wait? Get off your butt, get online and check them out. You won't be disappointed. If nothing else you're sure to make some good friends. Below is the link to the site that I use, they have so many sites to chose from, I'm sure you'll find one that has what your looking for.

http://www.top100datingpersonals.com/gaydating.php

No comments:

Post a Comment